The openSUSE Project is opening the call for participation in the openSUSE
Summit 2009, to be held September 17 through 20 in Nuremberg, Germany.
We're looking for contributors to openSUSE, upstream projects, and members of
the openSUSE community to participate.
The summit will be an opportunity to bring the openSUSE contributor community
together to share ideas, experience, hack, and help guide the direction of the
project. So we're looking to members of the community to give presentations,
tutorials, and lead birds of a feather and panel sessions in several tracks:
* Community: Marketing, translations, wiki, documentation, forums, and
* Desktop: Topics related to the openSUSE desktop, including KDE, GNOME,
Xfce, and applications.
* Server: Use of openSUSE on the server or development of server
* Toolchain and System: The kernel, YaST, packaging, and openSUSE Build
* Open Day: Saturday will include a track for openSUSE users and people new
If you're interested in presenting at the openSUSE Summit, fill out the Call
for Participation Form with all of the details for your participation.
We're accepting talks, tutorials, birds of a feather, and panel discussion
submissions. (Birds of feather sessions will be scheduled after hours.)
The summit will not be entirely composed of prepared presentations, so we will
be accepting a limited number of proposals.
All proposals must be submitted by May 20th. To submit a proposal, fill out
the form before 12:00 UTC on May 20.
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb(a)zonker.net>
openSUSE Community Manager: http://zonker.opensuse.org
Twitter: jzb | Identica: jzb
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-announce+help(a)opensuse.org