The openSUSE Community Week is going strong! The fun kicks up a notch
Wednesday with sessions with the openSUSE Board and a workshop with the
openSUSE Weekly News team, in addition to sessions with the GNOME and KDE
teams, testing and QA, and much more.
Our community week is a chance to get people from around the world together at
the same time to focus on specific topics, and to transfer knowledge about
openSUSE to help grow our teams. The idea is to cover topics to improve our
community by broadening our knowledge, and to enable new contributors to
openSUSE and open source.
openSUSE Community Week runs from through May 17. openSUSE Community Week is a
chance to get people from around the world together at the same time to focus
on specific topics, and to transfer knowledge about openSUSE to help grow our
The idea is to cover topics to empower ourselves as a community by broadening
our knowledge, and to enable new contributors to openSUSE and open source.
As a reminder -- all sessions are being held in IRC. If you need help
getting started with IRC, see the openSUSE wiki for more. The entire
week's schedule can be found on the wiki. Here's an overview of
* Meet with the openSUSE Board at 07:00, 17:00, and 20:00 UTC in #opensuse-
project on Freenode.
* GNOME Wiki day from 08:00 to 22:00 UTC, with intro sessions at 08:00 and
16:00 UTC in #opensuse-gnome on Freenode.
* KDE: KDE PIM session with Kevin Krammer from KDE PIM at 16:00 UTC in
#opensuse-kde on Freenode.
* The openSUSE Weekly News Team will meet at 12:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC to hold
a workshop on creating an edition of openSUSE Weekly News. Held in #opensuse-
newsletter on Freenode.
* Getting started with openFATE at 08:00 UTC in #opensuse-project on
* Packaging and openSUSE Build Service Q&A in #opensuse-buildservice on
* How to get started with Testing and QA in #opensuse-testing on Freenode at
Check the schedule on the wiki for all sessions. As always, there will be
plenty of openSUSE contributors in #opensuse-project for general questions
about openSUSE and getting started as a contributor.
Sign in on Wednesday and **have a lot of fun**!
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb(a)zonker.net>
openSUSE Community Manager: http://zonker.opensuse.org
Twitter: jzb | Identica: jzb
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-announce+help(a)opensuse.org