Frank Fabian sagte:
obviously, this is the wrong venue for this problem, as the many, many replies show :-) You'll most likely get better response on other lists, suse-kde or suse-linux e.g.
Erm, I thought so, but I just tried out. No problem if ther come no more answers :o]
This would indeed suggest your problem has something to do with the settings for this specific user.
Any hints, suggestions and so on are much appreciated, I hate such senseless restrictions ...
While I don't actually know how your problem came about and what could be wrong,
I don't know either! Okay, I can't remember what I did exactly the time between using konqueror the last time fully functioning and the first time behaving like this, but I did not change any konqueror settings.
there is a procedure that often helps in such cases and might in yours as well. I suggest you remove the konqueror configuration files for this user found in ~/.kde/share/config/ and ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ (simply rename them to yxz.backup or something like that), then restart KDE with this user.
Yes this was my suggestin to do as last possibility, but I think I have to do so *sigh*
Thanks for your answer anyway, Frank!