Please welcome Marcel Kühlhorn From Germany as our new openSUSE ambassador
Below is a little about Marcel in his own words...
* What have you done already for openSUSE?
Helping new users at Forums, especially http://opensuse-forum.de
* Helping out the german wiki-team
* Promoting openSUSE at my school, workplace etc.
* What are your plans for promoting openSUSE? Please
tell us what you
want to do the next 6 months.
* Find new places where I'm allowed to spread
* Talk to local computer-stores if they would be willing to take some of
the promo-materials and give them to interested customers
* Find small local events where I can "spread the word"
* Are you ready to start promoting openSUSE?
think so since I already spread at least 50 DVD's and want to continue
spreading the word about openSUSE.
The only thing I can't imagine right now is giving talks since I have no
experience at all with that, but maybe some time in the future.
* What do you think is the best kept secret of
Right now I can't really think about any secret of openSUSE,
in and around openSUSE is _open_.
* Why do you love to do this?
is a great Distribution with a great community I want
to help the people that make it possible for me to use openSUSE daily.
* How did you start with Linux/openSUSE? What is your
I started out with openSUSE 11.2 because Windows Vista ;-)
More seriously, I was interested in Linux some time before that but
didn't have my own PC to work with it, and that I'm with openSUSE now is
in debt to my mother who tried SuSE 8.2 a long time ago. So I first
installed SuSE 8.2 in VirtualBox on Windows, liked it, searched for the
actual Version and here I am.
The ambassador program is currently pretty informal and we expect the
ambassadors to organize themselves. So, please coordinate with other
ambassadors on the opensuse-marketing mailing list:
* share with them what you like to do
* share what you did, e.g. what kind of event did you organize, how
many people joined
* share what you learned, explain what was great at your event, what
you want to improve
* create material that is usefull for you and other ambassadors as
Also, as an ambassador, you're the expert on your country/region, so
please share on the opensuse-marketing mailing list a bit about the
openSUSE and the FOSS community in your country/region, e.g. what are
That's one of the main reasons why I want to do this, I
don't know of
any FOSS comunity in this region besides an local group of the
German-Amateur-Radio-Club where I suspect some Linux-users.
me I am not me
Time travel is possible, you just need to know the right aliens
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-ambassadors+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-ambassadors+owner(a)opensuse.org