Re: [opensuse] save installed packages for reinstall
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-08-19 18:50]:

I am considering wiping my main system drive and reinstalling Tw clean but
would like to have the same packages on the new system. I will backup home
and replace the new home contents with the backedup data.

is this feasible?

how to save the currently installed pkgs for reinstall?

and yes, btrfs for entire system.

thoughts?

some thoughts:
install new ssd drive, install new Tw clean on new ssd drive
direct copy from rotating rust to new ssd drive to corresponding
partitions overwriting.

will it work, making identical system except for btrfs and ssd?