Re: [opensuse] Laptop experience
On 14/06/2019 11.51, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 09:46:51 +0200

On 14/06/2019 09.27, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have not checked Bluetooth yet. As there are no USB-A connectors,
I am playing with the idea of getting a Bluetooth mouse. I've not
used them before.

I tried one, an Amazon basics model, cheap. Worked instantly (on
Windows). Then I removed it, I need it for a broken Android tablet,
where it worked after some convincing.

The only issue is that you may need a working mouse to get the BT
mouse working :-)

I have a Logitech bluetooth keyboard that I use with my Amazon Fire, and
also with an iPad. It just works. So I'd be hopeful a bluetooth mouse
would work without difficulty.

The only issue on some machines is the initial pairing. You need to get
to a menu to initiate it. And it is not available till the system has
booted, or even logged to a session.

There are some machines that were designed for BT input, those are
different.

On Linux and XFCE, BT is just impossible. I can only make my BT
earphones work from the CLI, with an incantation that is not simple.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)