Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
On 12/06/2019 16.30, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 11/06/2019 16:13, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 11/06/2019 19.47, Anton Aylward wrote:
I've edited zypp.conf and increased the number of connections from the
default
of 5 to 12.
It does nothing to help the download of the metadata!

I understand the metadata is downloaded from the master copy, not the
mirrors.

Yea ${DEITY}s!

If you define a mirror instead of the master, then all comes from the
mirror.

## Maximum time in seconds that you allow a transfer operation to take.
##
## This is useful for preventing your batch jobs from hanging for hours due
## to slow networks or links going down. Limiting operations to less than a
## few minutes risk aborting perfectly normal operations.
##
## Valid values: [0,3600]
## Default value: 180
##
# download.transfer_timeout = 180

Realistically, it's taking more than that!
Next time I should run this using 'time' and mark with 'date' in the log

THis too abut 45 minutes according to the logs

Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Update' metadata
---------------------------------------------[/]
Timeout exceeded when accessing
'http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.3/oss/repodata/beb927a2f16f0a199056d812887e44d59f4febd311bbfd05e5b09e454afb9db0-primary.xml.gz'.
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (r):
Trying again...

But you are manually telling it to start again, that resets the timer.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)