Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:52:50 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 11/06/2019 09:41, Per Jessen wrote:

If your "local" mirrors are okay for the core, and you get the extra
stuff from elsewhere, problem solved? I thought the problem was
that your "local" mirrors were also pretty poor, bandwidth wise.

No.
I don't see many core updates to 42.3 these days.
I do see updates to kernel_stable and the various other photographic
stuff that I actively use that isn't in the core.
Oh, and the KDF stuff!
The more remote sites, the ones mirrorbrain sends me to for resolution
of those matters, are the ones that deliver single and double digit
download speeds.

Okay - well, then I don't think there is much you can do. Mirrorbrain
sends you to those places because that is where those packages/repos
are available. The only way to improve on that would be to convince a
local mirror to also mirror repositories:/

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.1°C)