Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
* Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-11-19 09:58]:
On 11/06/2019 09:41, Per Jessen wrote:

If your "local" mirrors are okay for the core, and you get the extra
stuff from elsewhere, problem solved? I thought the problem was that
your "local" mirrors were also pretty poor, bandwidth wise.

No.
I don't see many core updates to 42.3 these days.
I do see updates to kernel_stable and the various other photographic stuff
that
I actively use that isn't in the core.
Oh, and the KDF stuff!
The more remote sites, the ones mirrorbrain sends me to for resolution of
those
matters, are the ones that deliver single and double digit download speeds.

And a simple script based around ping/traceroute tells me nothing
about how the server at the far end can actually deliver.

Yes, run a wget on an ISO to get a useful impression.

So we are back to sheer combinatorial volume of doing that for every site that
mirrorbrain _might_ direct me to for each repository I use.

or *just* add known *good* dl sites to your repos and not the opensuse
url(s), *just* to repos where you continually experience problems.