Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
On 11/06/2019 15.13, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/06/2019 17:25, Carlos E. R. wrote:
300 Kb/s when my connection is 100 Mb/s is very slow...

Oh, WOW, all off 300kb/s!
Three digits worth!
Try loading a kernel update at single digit speeds.

I did, years ago. Wait, 3 digits? It is less than one: 0.3 mbits/s.

I remember that thread, but couldn't find it. Yes, we would need a local
blacklist of mirrors. Otherwise I'll have to bypass mirrorbrain and list
manually some mirrors.

I prefer the blacklist idea.
Manually determining the groups of possible servers for each repository and
then
timing them and editing the dot-repo files will get time consuming.

At least here zypper downloads concurrently from several repos, and the
rest come from Germany or thereabouts and run normally. Luckily only one
"local" mirror. Sigh.

But for directly downloading, I don't see a solution. One has first to
find the official URL, then the different URL at a mirror, and mirrors
do not always work fine, they change.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.