Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
On 11/06/2019 11.27, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

The mirror at Uni of Lisboa is not slow. It can easily feed
50-60Mb/sec. I suspect much more locally.

[snip]
Feel free to report slow mirrors, but there is very little we
(openSUSE) can do.

A poor-end-to-end connection is often due to a poor interconnection
between one provider and another, in Carlos' case between Telefonica
and the University of Lisboa. (geant.org, fccn.pt).
I have over the years occasionally had such issues myself (in my
business) and have reported them to my uplink provider. AFAIR, they
were always solved by establishing different peerings. This is however
up to the providers and their uplink providers.

So a better answer to $SUBJ would be:

- if a mirror is slow, report to your access provider.
- if a mirror is down/inactive/outdated, report to admin@o.o.

I'll try that. Please, I will need sample test outputs from other sites
like you did to add to the report, so that I can tell them that the
speed is fast from other countries.

I just tried tethering my laptop to my mobile phone (via wifi), and
speed went up to 1.3..2.0 Mb

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.