Re: [opensuse] 15.1 LXQt - what camera app/picture viewer
* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-11-19 07:04]:
Dave Howorth composed on 2019-06-11 10:18 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata wrote:

I don't use any GUI file manager, none even installed, so there's no
place to right click an image except maybe in Konq (or Gwenview :p ).

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you just need some sleep?

I always need sleep.

What does a file manager have to do with clicking on an image? Open an
image, click on it and the menus come up, as David says.

Open an image how? I normally open the app I want to use first, then I use
the app
to open the file I want it to act upon, like in DOS in the 1980s when I
learned to
use a PC. Open WordPerfect first, then (re)open the document that needs more
work.
Open 1-2-3 first, then open the template I want to work from, or create new.
Now I
wish to open a picture viewer, then open a picture or picture directory to see
thumbs from which to choose to open.

Doesn't Linux have anything like Windows' Irfanview that isn't a
flatpak?

Don't use windows, sorry, no idea what you're talking about.

Irfanview dates back to Windows 95. Xfview seems to be a Gnu clone, but it
isn't
in the repos, and its own web site only offers a flatpak.

feh would be somewhat similar to irfanview capability wise but to open a
particular image or directory of images you would
feh <location><image>
feh <location>/*
feh /home/<user>/Pictures/1234.jpg

you referred to dos, it was not pointey-clickey. nor were the earlier
computers, not even a mouse. use the force Luke!