Re: [opensuse] 15.1 LXQt - what camera app/picture viewer
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 04:41:23 -0400
Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David C. Rankin composed on 2019-06-11 02:18 (UTC-0500):

The reason I mention gphoto2 is that it is one of the application
that handles phone image access/download (very capable too), feh is
the swiss-army-knife of image viewers. Small, fast, capable. It is
a graphical app, but generally launched from the command line.
Traditional Linux interface. Rt-click on the image brings up the
menus

Zypper doesn't find any gphoto2. Do you mean gphoto v2.5.x, which is
in the 15.1 repos (and I installed)? Which doesn't find gphoto, but
does find gphoto2, which the LXQt menu does not. The shell only
presents a usage message from gphoto2.

I don't use any GUI file manager, none even installed, so there's no
place to right click an image except maybe in Konq (or Gwenview :p ).

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you just need some sleep?

What does a file manager have to do with clicking on an image? Open an
image, click on it and the menus come up, as David says.

Doesn't Linux have anything like Windows' Irfanview that isn't a
flatpak?

Don't use windows, sorry, no idea what you're talking about.