Re: [opensuse] 15.1 LXQt - what camera app/picture viewer
David C. Rankin composed on 2019-06-10 19:31 (UTC-0500):

Dave Howorth wrote:

Any suggestions?

xv or feh

YaST says feh is aimed at console users, so not apparently suited to my intended
OP meaning of "simple installation" (use by a simpleton, a point&clicker). XV
sounds like its power is likely to overwhelm a point&clicker, but will give it a
looksee.

And gphoto2 for camera access.

Ruled out by OP (non-GTK).

FWIW, I use Gimp and Gwenview3, but this is for setting up a stark LXQt on a
slow
old laptop for someone with a track record of making a Windows PC unusable in
short order.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/