Re: [opensuse] How to connect two servers through an Ethernet A/B switch and not change the upstream MAC addy?
On 6/10/19 9:12 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 07:46:30 -0700
Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, a second MAC and port could be used, but then each server
would have different IP addresses.
Not so, it's a lot easier to use the same IP address for the two
machines if only one will be connected at any time.

Yes, I agree.  But upstream, over which I have no control, maps IP addresses
with
MAC addresses.  Also, static IP's aren't allowed, DHCP only.   It's also a
dual-stack
 v4/v6 network, which complicates things.

Regards,
Lew