Re: [opensuse] How to connect two servers through an Ethernet A/B switch and not change the upstream MAC addy?
On 2019-06-09 11:58 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
I'm thinking of something like an RJ-45 A/B switch to manually
connect one or the other server to the upstream switch.  But
then, it looks like simple switches just pass through the two back
MAC addresses, and I need the A/B switch to present the
same MAC to upstream at all times.  Could I use macchanger
on each of the servers to keep the same MAC presented
through the switch?

Or is there a better way?

Well, you could use MAC spoofing, assuming the hardware supports it, but
the proper solution is to get whoever to configure the switch to allow
the new server.