Re: [opensuse] Help locating text file in remote repository
On 09/06/2019 20.55, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
On 6/9/19 1:02 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Then grep this file:

<http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/openSUSE-current/repo/oss/ARCHIVES.gz>

Or use the command pin - but it doesn't use the complete list, just the
one on the DVD. Thus I concoct my own ARCHIVES with an editor.

The best command would be webpin, but it is broken. Rather the webserver
it depends on is broken.

Yes, I tried webpin as well, but as noted it doesn't work.

(Let me point out now, with my apologies for not specifying in my
original post, that I am on Tumbleweed.)

You did, sort of, but I did not notice :-)

It was in your command line:

]> dutch@tumbleweed3500:~> zypper se --provides Prelude.html

But you did grasp the idea :-)

However, grepping the archive did find the file.  Here is the operative
line, split for width:

539627:./x86_64/ghc-bootstrap-8.4.3-lp151.2.2.x86_64.rpm:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root    root                    53376 Apr 27 21:55
/opt/share/doc/ghc-8.4.3/html/libraries/base-4.11.1.0/src/Prelude.html

Trick, for Thunderbird, which I see you use. Tools/Addons: add "Toggle
Word Wrap" - with that, you can set a post to not wrap lines.
Unfortunately, not paragraphs.

So I downloaded the Tumbleweed ARCHIVE.gz file and grepped that.  The
package ghc-bootstrap (and the somewhat strange path /opt/share/...) is
not available in Tumbleweed and the same file is NOT present there.  So
I'll assume at this point the file (and the package ghc-bootstrap) has
not been included in Tumbleweed for whatever reason.

But you can install it, nevertheless? Searching on 15.1, which is what I
have available, I find it:

cer@Telcontar:~> zypper --no-refresh se ghc-bootstrap
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary
--+---------------+---------------------------------------------------------------+--------
| ghc-bootstrap | Binary distributions of The Glorious Glasgow Haskell
Compiler | package
cer@Telcontar:~>

If for whatever reason that package should not be installed, you can
still download it and extract manually a file. I do that with 'mc'.

Carlos - thank you for your effort and the clarifying information.

Welcome :-)

One tidbit more: you can copy that ARCHIVE.gz file to
"/var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz" and that way the "pin" command can work.
Although I have never tested it in TW.

What I do is download both the oss and non-oss versions, unzip, join one
an the other with an editor, compress again, and place in the directory.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)