Re: [opensuse] 15.1 LXQt - what camera app/picture viewer
On 10/06/2019 09:14, Felix Miata wrote:
PhotoQT opens to black screen with a very generic looking panel icon, and no
discernable way to open any images or camera. LXImage seems too simple, no
apparent way to get pix from a Camera. YaST2 doesn't make it too easy to find a
Camera app, at least, not a non-GTK-based one. KDE's Digikam requires
KF5Contacts,
which seems like an address book thingie I shouldn't need to have cluttering
this
simple installation.

Any suggestions?

ShowFoto, the photo viewing/editing element of Digikam without all the
database bloat would be a better place to start than the latter.
Otherwise, Gwenview, but not sure how much of KDE Frameworks the latest
version of that pulls in.

Pretty sure there were once two or three small Qt-based image viewers,
e.g. Kuickshow (http://kuickshow.sourceforge.net/). That page shows
versions looooooooong out of date but I recall it popping up on
openDesktop feeds until only recently. The github page shows some more
recent work to port it to KDE5.

Ah, maybe this was the one I was thinking of, QuickViewer:
https://www.linux-apps.com/p/1189382