Re: [opensuse] Help locating text file in remote repository
On 09/06/2019 19.55, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
On 6/9/19 12:15 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 09/06/2019 15.30, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
Hi everyone:

So, I have two questions: (1) is it possible to search a remote
repository for opensuse files WITHOUT first having the full path name to
the file? and (2) does opensuse package the specific file I'm looking
for?

Thanks for your help.

Do you know the specific opensuse repo or repos that may have the file?
I may be able to concoct something.

Hi Carlos:

It seems like all ghc packages are in the Main Repository (OSS) - at
least the ~50 packages I have installed are.

Then grep this file:

<http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/openSUSE-current/repo/oss/ARCHIVES.gz>

Or use the command pin - but it doesn't use the complete list, just the
one on the DVD. Thus I concoct my own ARCHIVES with an editor.

The best command would be webpin, but it is broken. Rather the webserver
it depends on is broken.

For 15.0 there are no results:

pin 0.38 - package info for src/Prelude.html

*** no rpm named src/Prelude.html installed

grepping /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz ... please wait

*** zgrep src/Prelude.html /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz

/tmp/.pin_packinfo_17019.Ul7ZBT lines 1-16/16 (END)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)