Re: [opensuse] KDE Connect doesn't work - 15.1
On 6/7/19 1:02 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 2019-06-07 02:45 AM, Gustav Degreef wrote:
On 6/4/19 4:11 PM, James Knott wrote:
KDE Connect, in openSUSE 15.1, doesn't seem to work.  When I try to
refresh the devices, neither my cell phone nor tablet are found.  If I
try to use the previously saved connection on either device, it fails.
Both devices work fine with my notebook computer, running openSUSE 15.0.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any ideas?

tnx jk

Hello,
Yes,  I had the same problem after upgrading from 15.0 to 15.1.  My
solution was to enable the kdeconnect service in the firewall.  The
firewall configuration interface has changed from the previous version
(in Yast2) and I could not figure out quite how to do it.  I looked
through several recent posts on the Suse forums and found out the proper
way.  Can't remember the thread on the forum, though.  Hope this helps,
Gustav.

I already have it going.  It was the firewall.

For completeness, the answer can also be found at [0]:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=1714-1764/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=1714-1764/udp
sudo systemctl restart firewalld.service

[0]: <https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect#firewalld>