Re: [opensuse] save installed packages for reinstall
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2019 10:43:43 +0200
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I am considering wiping my main system drive and reinstalling Tw clean
but would like to have the same packages on the new system. I will
backup home and replace the new home contents with the backedup data.

is this feasible?

how to save the currently installed pkgs for reinstall?

You can save a list - YaST->Software Managment->Extras->Export package
list. (I presume there is a zypper incantation too). It can be
imported during installation.
Unfortunately the list does not include banned packages which make it
slightly less useful, but ignoring that, it's very useful.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.7°C)