Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.1 Installation Experience
On 07/06/2019 19.09, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Hi Folks,

I just had a "bad" experience while doing a full install of Leap 15.1
from DVD.  I'll relate my trials here just in case others might be
affected too.  I normally like to wait a bit before using a new release,
but some "political" considerations overrode my usual caution.

I've done one full install and maybe six or so upgrades from 15.0
without any unexpected issues.  Nice job, developers!

But this particular desktop was running 42.3, and had been running
well for years since 13.2.  It has an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 frame
buffer running on an Intel DP55KG mobo with an I7 CPU.

I'll write a comment about the nvidia rpms that happened to me. During
installation of these, there is "something" that tries to build modules
against the current kernel. Sometimes this fails, but the message is
lost and zypper doesn't say. Next thing you know, graphical mode does
not work.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.