Re: [opensuse] Problem booting 15.1
On 08/06/2019 11.53, Frans de Boer wrote:
LS,

Ever since I updated my 15.0 to 15.1, including updates, the system will
not boot correctly with the supplied kernel.
Any other (own compiled or directly copied from TW) does boot correctly.

My system is an old but still going strong enough Phenom II 965.

Observation: the kernel does boot, it displays messages about an
attached USB mass storage device, I see a lot of disk activity but never
ends at a prompt or other display. Interrupts are still going on, but no
display.

Anybody a suggestion?

Maybe needs redoing initrd? Use "mkinitrd"

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)