Re: [opensuse] certbot error
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2019 13:05:13 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

I didn't realize my system needed to be visible. My whole purpose was
to be able to use HTTPS on my internal network without any external
connections. I suppose I need to do a lot more reading.

If you're really just going to use it internally, the self-signed method
might be easier. _might_ - it is very easy with LetsEncrypt too.

LetsEncrypt uses domain-validation when issuing certificates. One
method is "http-01" which means you (ie. certbot) writing a string
accessible by your webserver which can then be read externally, i.e. by
LetsEncrypt. Another method is dns-01, similar idea but via DNS.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.1°C)