[opensuse] Re: Dead disk
Am 06.06.19 um 19:00 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Hi,

My only 3 TB Seagate disk died suddenly, at 19447 hours of use. Smartctl was
perfect one day, thousand of bad sectors the next day. Report attached.

I bought a new disk and tried dd_rhelp to try recover some. It coredumped
after a while. So I switched to ddrescue instead, which did finished - but
it recovered less than 1%.

The data is just multimedia, no big deal - I hope - so I'm mostly playing
with the disk. Apparently I don't have any other 3TB unit (I know they were
bad, but hey, this unit is years old) to switch the board. I do have a 2TB
unit with true surface defects.

yep i would try switching the board, search in ebay to find one....
good luck....

simoN

--
www.becherer.de