Re: [opensuse] Laptop experience
On 04/06/2019 21.28, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:15 PM David C. Rankin <> wrote:

If there is some new firmware holding licenses, I haven't run across it yet.
I've just used the traditional activation when running windows in virtualbox
and have had no problems.

For example:

http://osxdaily.com/2018/09/09/how-find-windows-product-key/

which claims this for Linux (provided your laptop i new enough):

cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM | tail -c 32 | xargs -0 echo

Works here. I did not know that it was accessible thus.

So maybe VB won't provide this. But you can get it yourself and enter
it in Windows. I think...

AFAIK, no, it is not accessible to a virtual machine. But I don't have a
VM in this little laptop to try.

That would be nice.

--
Cheers / Saludos,