Re: [opensuse] How to exclude sites from Zypper?
On 04/06/2019 09:59, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
Given I have
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/
for example, what sites could mirrorbrain redirect me to?
So far it seems to be sending me off to Asia, and as I blackhole those sites
through Russia.

thought you would be more curious:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/KDE:Frameworks5.repo.mirrorlist

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that facility.

Well I step though what it offers and some interesting stuff comes up.
The nth America closest, provo-mirror.opensuse.org, is a distant ping, certainly
more distant by a factor of two or three than my site hosting may email and web
in California. Traceroute times out on it, so its more than the default 30 hops
away.

Other sites are, yes, though eastern europe/russia and asia :-)