Re: [opensuse] How to exclude sites from Zypper?
On 04/06/2019 07:13, Per Jessen wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 28/05/2019 07:22, Per Jessen wrote:
Looking up your IP, mirrorbrain suggests 4 mirror sites -

freemirror.org
u of waterloo
u of dalhousie
manitoba something.

Well!

I've been running netstat while doing a zypper up and what i see are
established HTTPS links to

opensuse.ucom.am
and
mirror.karneval.cz
and
ftp.opensuse.org

WHY?

Well - for one thing, the mirror system does not work very well with
https. For another, what are your repos? Most mirrors only mirror
the "official" repos, many don't bother with Tumbleweed and
repositories:/ for instance.

Sorry, I misspoke. I grepped netstat output for BOTH http and https. and worked
back from there.

One of the greatest delays is when , early one, zypper probes the sites of every
repository listed, to check the stat/data of the repository to see if there are
updates. For that, openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Update using
http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.3/oss/
takes an incredible long time @ less tan 200, often less than 50 kBITS/sec,
sometimes with long stretches at zero throughput.

The last time when it did that was one of the occasions that netstat told me the
connection was to mirror.karneval.cz

Patrick's idea is still a good one, but there is still the issue of the probing
of a huge number of sites to see how the respond for me..