Re: [opensuse] Re: output from systemd timer
On 09/05/2019 11.01, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 20.36, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

We have every cron output sent to a central location where some
automagic triage is done. If deemed necessary, it is then forwarded
to a queue where someone who will look into it. I'm not so keen on
seeing this output written to the log instead.

Oh, yes, there is that.

At one time, I wrote a *syslog hook that triggered a script when a
certain entry happened.

I think we have quite a few of those - with syslog-ng, it's really
straight forward. The easier it is, the more it used :-)

Unfortunately, I found that rsyslog coordinates better with the journal
than the rest. I think we commented on that one day.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))