Re: [opensuse] Re: output from systemd timer
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 11:01:14 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 20.36, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

We have every cron output sent to a central location where some
automagic triage is done. If deemed necessary, it is then forwarded
to a queue where someone who will look into it. I'm not so keen on
seeing this output written to the log instead.

Oh, yes, there is that.

At one time, I wrote a *syslog hook that triggered a script when a
certain entry happened.

I think we have quite a few of those - with syslog-ng, it's really
straight forward. The easier it is, the more it used :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.9°C)