Re: [opensuse] Re: output from systemd timer
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 10:59:48 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

We have every cron output sent to a central location where some
automagic triage is done. If deemed necessary, it is then forwarded
to a queue where someone who will look into it. I'm not so keen on
seeing this output written to the log instead.

I think journald can forward journal events to other places and
subsequently process them
(see
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-journal-remote.service.html
for some of it) so you would just need to read the forwarded logs on
the central machine and do your normal processing, I think?

I'll have to try it out, it's on my list. Sofar I think the only one
that's been of interest was logrotate and we just reverted that to a
cronjob.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.2°C)