On 08/05/2019 22.31, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
08.05.2019 23:25, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 08/05/2019 21.44, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I have changed two resolv.conf from using search to using domain, I
see it as more useful.

Please elaborate - exactly what difference does it make? If I am
missing out, I"d like to know what I am missing.

With "search", I had instances in the past that the short name does not
work.

From what I understand from what I read, "search" acts first reading
"domain" line, then adds whatever it reads from "search".

"domain" and "search" are mutually exclusive. This is even documented in
manual page that you so copiously quoted.

Sorry, I do not see it :-?
Actually, I understand the contrary.

search Search list for host-name lookup.
The search list is normally determined from the local domain
name; by default, it contains only the local domain name.

So I understand that "search" first reads "domain".

I wrote now:

### Call "netconfig update -f" to force adjusting of /etc/resolv.conf.
domain valinor
search home
nameserver 192.168.1.16
nameserver 80.58.61.250