08.05.2019 23:25, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 08/05/2019 21.44, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I have changed two resolv.conf from using search to using domain, I
see it as more useful.

Please elaborate - exactly what difference does it make? If I am
missing out, I"d like to know what I am missing.

With "search", I had instances in the past that the short name does not
work.

From what I understand from what I read, "search" acts first reading
"domain" line, then adds whatever it reads from "search".

"domain" and "search" are mutually exclusive. This is even documented in
manual page that you so copiously quoted.