On 05/08/2019 03:44 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
As to the domain change in dhcp, it is possible that the option to
take that name when configuring network is disabled.
See what I posted from the ISC man page earlier. It is simply not an
option, just text.

The only difference I can think of is where something needs the domain
name and looks for the domain in resolv.conf.  It would not be wanting
to use the additional domains listed in search.  For just host name
lookup either domain or search works fine.