  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 21:00:46 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 20.37, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Right. Whether it is in "domain' or "search".

At least it ought to go in the release notes.

YaST could add a domain entry in there saying that it simply goes to
the resolv file, nothing else. And put it near the "search" input
box, not above.

Writing it ourselves in the resolv file means that the automatic
writing of the file is disabled. Somewhere else we can add the
"domain" entry?

Yes, just add it as a search domain. That is essentially the same
function as using "domain".

Not really... :-?

Yes really. Why don't you try it?
None of my systems use that domain option in resolv.conf and after
changing the domain-name option in dhcpd.conf to "gobble.degook", the
eagerly awaited havoc has yet to show.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.8°C)