  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 20:37:37 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 20.09, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 05/08/2019 07:18 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Permit me to make a wild guess -

The issue is the removal of the entry field for a domain name in
the
YaST network configuration. We have yet to determine why or if
that
is actually a problem. (I think).

The result of not having the domain name somewhere in resolv.conf
means you can't use just a host name to reach another device.

Right. Whether it is in "domain' or "search".

At least it ought to go in the release notes.

YaST could add a domain entry in there saying that it simply goes to
the resolv file, nothing else. And put it near the "search" input box,
not above.

Writing it ourselves in the resolv file means that the automatic
writing of the file is disabled. Somewhere else we can add the
"domain" entry?

Yes, just add it as a search domain. That is essentially the same
function as using "domain".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)