Re: [opensuse] Re: output from systemd timer
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 20:36:10 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 20.15, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 15.37, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 13.45, Per Jessen wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

Would you happen to know if the old behaviour of cronjobs/timers
sending an email to MAILTO is still supported?

cronjobs in 15.0, certainly. But I can test that.

The important bit was if systemd timers, now slowly replacing cron
jobs, supported the old behaviour.

Is the cron daemon be going to be removed, or it is just that jobs
are being migrated?

Currently I see various jobs being migrated to systemd timers.

In the second case, the system can use timers and I'll keep using
cron without worries.

Well, I would like to know what the system does too, especially when
it doesn't work.

Certainly. We'll have to learn both systems. Well, cron we already
know.

We have every cron output sent to a central location where some
automagic triage is done. If deemed necessary, it is then forwarded to
a queue where someone who will look into it. I'm not so keen on seeing
this output written to the log instead.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.5°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.