Re: [opensuse] Where to set the domain name? - Leap 15.1 beta - updating DNS according to DHCP
On 08/05/2019 15.32, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 13.36, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 13.07, Per Jessen wrote:

If it were me, I think I would put an 'nsupdate' call in my
NetworkManager or wicked scripts/hooks.

Ok, I can look into that. This setup is using wicked. Any RTFM guide
for dummies about wicked hooks? :-)

It's very much what it has been for years - put a script
in /etc/sysconfig/netwoirk/if-{up,down}.d/

Ah. But I have never tried with wicked, only with NM. Wicked is
relatively "new".

The mechanisms haven't changed though -

/etc/sysconfig/network/if-{up,down}.d/

Same as in 10.3.

It will have a syntax. The script will get parameters on the command
line and environment, which I need. What is the man page? It is not "man
wicked"

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.