  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 09:29:53 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 07/05/2019 13.39, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

.... fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for
127.0.0.2

On 15.1 ? I have all of Gertjans 127.0.0.1 entries in my /etc/hosts
(office33), postfix works very well. Your 127.0.0.2 entry does not
come with the default postfix install.

I don't know if this happens on 15.1, and I have no intention to
modify my test setup sufficiently to verify it. At the time of the
bugzilla, bot sides said "not my issue" and that they had no intention
to do anything ever. So, why should it have changed now?

The real question is (probably) if YaST in Leap15.1 will still configure
that 127.0.0.2 entry.

Well, as dnsmasq is running on another computer, how do I tell it to
write an entry for this machine every time DHCP changes the address?

Google "dnsmasq dynamic dns updates". You'll find e.g.

Oh, I know very well how to combine "in Linux" dnsmasq with a proper
dhcp server. But remember, in this case, I can not ensure control of
the dhcp server. I may be a guest at somebody else's place, I may be
using Android tethering... (actual situations in which my laptop gets
into).

We are probably all in similar situations every now and then. I know I
am. I guess you're using your portable machine for something else than
I do.

I already have my own scripts to do that with NM and dnsmasq running
in the same machine. If I don't do that, postfix for sure fails in
15.0. I don't remember if dovecot failed, and leafnode also had
problems.

I don't use the latter two on any laptop, but postfix works fine. (for
delivering outbound mails only).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.6°C)