  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 08:12:35 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 05/07/2019 02:35 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Yep, there's supposed to be a local domain name.
Maybe that man page was supposed to have been updated long ago. I
have no 'domain' statement in any resolv.conf, anywhere. I wonder
if there is even a dhcp option for setting it. (if it's important,
there ought to be one).

Perhaps not on recent versions of openSUSE.  Fire up an older version
and look.

Oh, I have a few older ones running, going back to 10.3 - no such entry
in /etc/resolv.conf.

office64 - 10.3 - nothing
redwood - 11.4 - nothing
thorium - 11.0 - nothing
calcium - 13.2 - nothing
office20 - 13.2 - nothing.

I can look up some more, but given what the ISC says about that option
(see previous post), I don't see why it would be used for anything.

Anyway, I've removed it from the ipv4 dhcp config, maybe local name
resolving will start collapsing soon.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.