On 05/07/2019 06:52 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
But if it's not in /etc/resolv.conf, then you need the FQDN to access
anything.

Well, that's in there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. According
to the files in /var/run/wicked, my hostname is staticXXX-XXX-XXX-XXX
and domain name is accesscomm.ca. However...

Try pinging another computer on your LAN, using only the host name.
Without the domain listed in resolv.conf, it won't work.