On 07/05/2019 13.39, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

¬ęThe recommended method of setting the FQDN is to make the hostname be
an alias for the fully qualified name using /etc/hosts, DNS, or NIS.
For example, if the hostname was "ursula", one might have a line in
/etc/hosts which reads

127.0.1.1 ursula.example.com ursula

Well, as I said, this method collides with postfix. When I did that, I
got this once per minute:

.... fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for
127.0.0.2

On 15.1 ? I have all of Gertjans 127.0.0.1 entries in my /etc/hosts
(office33), postfix works very well. Your 127.0.0.2 entry does not
come with the default postfix install.

I don't know if this happens on 15.1, and I have no intention to modify
my test setup sufficiently to verify it. At the time of the bugzilla,
bot sides said "not my issue" and that they had no intention to do
anything ever. So, why should it have changed now?

Well, as dnsmasq is running on another computer, how do I tell it to
write an entry for this machine every time DHCP changes the address?

Google "dnsmasq dynamic dns updates". You'll find e.g.

Oh, I know very well how to combine "in Linux" dnsmasq with a proper
dhcp server. But remember, in this case, I can not ensure control of the
dhcp server. I may be a guest at somebody else's place, I may be using
Android tethering... (actual situations in which my laptop gets into).

So, knowing that the dhcp is in the router or the phone and that I may
not have control of it, how do I make dnsmasq adjust to my current local
IP, obtained dynamically, on a different machine?

Just a theoretical question :-)

If pressed, I can figure how to do it, via passwordless ssh sessions and
scripts I'd have to develop. But maybe there already exists a command to
do it that I'm not aware of.

I already have my own scripts to do that with NM and dnsmasq running in
the same machine. If I don't do that, postfix for sure fails in 15.0. I
don't remember if dovecot failed, and leafnode also had problems.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from oS Leap 15.0 x86_64 (Minas Tirith))