  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 13:39:49 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

«The recommended method of setting the FQDN is to make the hostname be
an alias for the fully qualified name using /etc/hosts, DNS, or NIS.
For example, if the hostname was "ursula", one might have a line in
/etc/hosts which reads

127.0.1.1 ursula.example.com ursula

Well, as I said, this method collides with postfix. When I did that, I
got this once per minute:

.... fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for
127.0.0.2

On 15.1 ? I have all of Gertjans 127.0.0.1 entries in my /etc/hosts
(office33), postfix works very well. Your 127.0.0.2 entry does not
come with the default postfix install.

Well, as dnsmasq is running on another computer, how do I tell it to
write an entry for this machine every time DHCP changes the address?

Google "dnsmasq dynamic dns updates". You'll find e.g.

http://lightofdawn.org/wiki/wiki.cgi/-wiki/LocalDynamicDns

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.7°C)