On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 06:52:03PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Hi,

Elesar:~ # hostname -f
hostname: Name or service not known
Elesar:~ # hostname -d
hostname: Name or service not known
Elesar:~ # hostname -y

Elesar:~ # hostname -A

Elesar:~ # hostname
Elesar
Elesar:~ #

So, I start and look into Network Settings, and in hostname I try to
write a domain name after a dot - it does not allow me to set a domain name.

Where is one supposed to write the domain name?

Nowhere! The domain name belongs to an active network device. Only the
domain name of a YP/NIS domain can be set. And this active network device
is used to ask the domain name server for the FQDN of the system.

Source: man 1 hostname
man 1 hostnamectl

Nota Bene: the usage of the domain part of a FQDN in /etc/hostname is
plain wrong

Werner