  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 08:31:07 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 06/05/2019 22.55, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 06/05/2019 21.14, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
06.05.2019 21:59, Carlos E. R. пишет:

On another machine I have my own script hanging from NM that edits
/etc/hosts dynamically to write the correct full name and current
IP.> But there must be a better way.

If you are going to say that it is the job of the DHCP server,

All that I'm trying to say is that you are barking up the wrong
tree. If your concern is (non) working "hostname -f" or how to
associate dynamic IP with static label it is not related to "Domain
Name" field in YaST.

I'm not barking. I'm asking what is the correct place to set the
domain name in Leap. It is very simple!

You are basically saying "nowhere".

I think Andrei is saying it isn't necessary and asks you to show
which problem it creates for you.

In this machine, which is only a test machine, that "domainname" does
not work. That is, if you wish, an aesthetic problem.

If I read the man page correctly, "domainname" will print the NIS
domain? Did you mean to write "hostname -f" ?

But on other machines, postfix does not start if the host and domain
names do not work.

Well, here we should probably restrict ourselves to what happens on
Leap15.1. postfix is no doubt running fine, it is started by default.

So, as there is no way in YaST to set the domain name we are left to
our own.

I still don't see any description of the actual problem you are seeing.
Preferably with error messages etc.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.2°C)