Re: [opensuse] Re: mailx: how can I force the correct encoding of an attachment?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 07:57:50 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

L A Walsh wrote:

On 5/6/2019 4:46 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Dave Howorth wrote:

So I'm not clear why anything would be using base64?

Exactly my point (and problem). Thanks for finding that RFC, I had
come across it earlier, but then I lost the nunber.

I think you encoded it twice. It was already eml and
you specified encoding it.

How did I specify encoding it? I don't want it encoded, so that
would surprise me :-)

Just to be clear - what I want is to use mailx to send an email with
another email as an attachment, with type = message/rfc822 and encoding
= 7bit. Instead I get the attachment encoded with base64, which e.g.
Thunderbird and mailparse cannot or will not read.

The invocation is:
mailx -r my@xxxxxxxx -a afile.eml reci@pient </dev/null

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.1°C)