  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 02:21:20 +0200
On 2019-05-06 04:16 PM, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:

Yes, you are barking up the wrong tree. You, on 15.1, also have YaST >
Network Services > Hostnames. Set as many as you want. It will add the
hostname/domain
That assigns a name to an IP, not to an interface or machine. I believe
Carlos wants to give each machine a name, then obtain its IP by DHCP.

If set properly in the hosts file, also hostname -f works as expexted. See

Correct; however, it seems to be impossible to set that using YaST. Are
we seeing a return to the days when, if you wanted to change some system
parameter, you had to edit a text file manually?
As I was saying, it sets that in the /etc/hosts file. Using YaST > Network
Services > Hostnames. Why insist on working on on something that does not
work, instead of doing it incl. YaST usage in a way that does work. Things
change.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member