On 07/05/2019 00.44, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op dinsdag 7 mei 2019 00:34:01 CEST schreef Darryl Gregorash:
On 2019-05-06 04:16 PM, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op maandag 6 mei 2019 22:43:47 CEST schreef Carlos E. R.:
All that I'm trying to say is that you are barking up the wrong tree. If
your concern is (non) working "hostname -f" or how to associate dynamic
IP with static label it is not related to "Domain Name" field in YaST.

I'm not barking. I'm asking what is the correct place to set the domain
name in Leap. It is very simple!

You are basically saying "nowhere".

Yes, you are barking up the wrong tree. You, on 15.1, also have YaST >
Network Services > Hostnames. Set as many as you want. It will add the
hostname/domain

That assumes a fixed known IP, and that is not the case.

That assigns a name to an IP, not to an interface or machine. I believe
Carlos wants to give each machine a name, then obtain its IP by DHCP.
If set properly in the hosts file, also hostname -f works as expexted.

Again, that assumes a fixed known IP, and that is not the case.

See
knurpht@salt:~> hostname
salt
knurpht@salt:~> hostname -f
salt.knurpht.nl
knurpht@salt:~> cat /etc/resolv.conf | grep search
search knurpht.nl
knurpht@salt:~>

Just to mention: On this machine I have a dozen of domains and a plethora of
subdomains. No FQDN or DNS issues at all. Carlos could even add the entire
scope of DHCP addresses for the same domainname, it would still work. And
AFAIK that is what Carlos wants.

Different names and domains to a single machine? I don't think that is
possible. Even if done, it breaks reverse resolution.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.