On 06/05/2019 23.56, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op maandag 6 mei 2019 18:52:03 CEST schreef Carlos E. R.:
Hi,

Elesar:~ # hostname -f
hostname: Name or service not known
Elesar:~ # hostname -d
hostname: Name or service not known
Elesar:~ # hostname -y

Elesar:~ # hostname -A

Elesar:~ # hostname
Elesar
Elesar:~ #

So, I start and look into Network Settings, and in hostname I try to
write a domain name after a dot - it does not allow me to set a domain name.

Where is one supposed to write the domain name?
Check ( I'm on TW atm ) if the YaST > Network Services > Hostnames module
exists. So far, any addition of hostnames / domains works fine using this.

But that assumes a fixed IP, and it is not.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.