  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 00:16:12 +0200
Op maandag 6 mei 2019 22:43:47 CEST schreef Carlos E. R.:
All that I'm trying to say is that you are barking up the wrong tree. If
your concern is (non) working "hostname -f" or how to associate dynamic
IP with static label it is not related to "Domain Name" field in YaST.

I'm not barking. I'm asking what is the correct place to set the domain
name in Leap. It is very simple!

You are basically saying "nowhere".
Yes, you are barking up the wrong tree. You, on 15.1, also have YaST > Network
Services > Hostnames. Set as many as you want. It will add the hostname/domain
in /etc/hosts. This is what we call an improvement. The old network module
only provided one hostname/search domain. With this module you have the tool
that allows you to have multiple hostnames / domains on the same IP.
But .... you decided to hack NM because you insist on having a dynamic IP
address for services that should have a static or fixed DHCP address.
IMNSHO The YaST team did a very nice and good job removing the domain stuff
from the Network Settings.
My 2 cents.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht